Schedule - RMC
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY COURSE
JANUARY 2020 SEMESTER (1/20/89 SESSION)
CGS MEETING ROOM, LEVEL 4, SHAH ALAM CAMPUS
13 Jan 2020
Topic: Introduction to Research
(Dr Kamisah Supian)
· Research Problems.
· Research Objectives.
· Research Questions.
· Research Hypotheses.
· Conceptual Framework.
Topic : Literature Review
(Dr. Mohd Nazif Samat @ Darawi)
· Theory Analysis
· Theoretical Framework.
14 Jan 2020
(Ts. Dr. Nahdatul Akma binti Ahmad)
· How did qualitative research develop?
· How do you choose whether to use the quantitative or qualitative approach?
· What characteristics distinguish and are common to qualitative research in each of the six steps?
- Identify a research problem.
- Reviewing the literature
- Specifying a purpose for research.
- Collecting data.
- Analysing & interpreting data.
- Reporting and evaluating research.
(Dr Norasekin Ab Rashid)
· Data collection,
· Tabulation and summarization
· Analysis of numerical data for the purpose of answering research questions or hypotheses.
· Recent origin of term quantitative research and is distinguished from qualitative research in:
- process, and
- the use of quantification techniques to measure and analyze the data
15 Jan 2020
Research Design and Sampling
(Dr Syahrel Izwann Bin Jabar)
· Research Design
· Sampling Design
· Data Collection
· Observation Method
· Interview Method
· Practice Session: Pre-Test Questionnaires
· Types of Statistical Analyses
· Practice Session: Pilot Test
Library Resources and Plagiarism
· Introduction to Unisel library system
· Library membership
· Turnitin software
Your Path to Graduation (In-house academic activities)
· In-house academic activities
· Requirement for graduations
16 Jan 2020
Topic: Statistic for Research.
(Dr Haji Abu Bakar bin Mohd Sheikh)
· Data Analysis
· Presenting Data
Ethics in Research & Research Paradigm:
(Assoc. Prof. Dr Jamilah Mustafa)
· Multiple Roles/Conflict Interest
· Confidentiality and Privacy
17 Jan 2020
Preparing for Proposal Defense
(Dr. Md Rosli Haji Ismail)
· The Major Sections of a Research Proposal.
· Preparing & Writing Research Proposal.
Assessment Session (presentation of proposal)
Topic: Thesis Writing
(Assoc. Prof Dr Abul Bashar Bhuiyan)
· Thesis structure
- Title page
- Results and discussion
· Crosscutting issues
- What are readers looking for?
- Planning for your thesis
- Who is your target audience?
- Order of writing
· Thesis editing
- Copy editing
- Content editing
* This tentative schedule is subject to change
*** All candidates are compulsory to attend and complete the RMC classes as it is a requirement of attending proposal defence.